COVID-19 UPDATE: We are still running at full capacity and fully operational, however there may be some slight delays with deliveries from our suppliers.
· Robust tool used for chopping out joints aswell as cutting mortises.
· Excellent cutting performance is reached by side tapering in height and lengthwise from tip to shoulder for sidewall clearance.
· Forged blade is made of traditional Cr-Mn (Chromium Manganese) Spring Steel which was developed for Narex specifically for the purpose of making edge tools. This means that Narex mortice chisels take and hold a superb edge.
· Heat treated to 59 HRc (Rockwell).
· Bulky handle from hard and hefty hornbeam wood enables firm grip[ and is strong enough to withstand heavy blows with a mallet.
· Chisles are supplied with chisel edge guard 8717.