Terms & Conditions
1. The Company means Power Tool Centre Ltd.
The Customer means the person, firm or company to whom the Company supplies or agrees to supply any of the Company's products and any other goods supplied by the Company in the ordinary course of its business (hereinafter called the Goods)
The recipient means the person, firm, company, corporation or public authority to whom the Goods are delivered upon the Customers instructions (whether expressly or buy implication) when it is not the customer.
The Contract means the contract for the purchase and sale of the Goods.
Writing includes letters, faxes, and email and comparable means of communication.
Conditions means the standard terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and ( unless the context otherwise requires) includes any special terms and conditions agreed in writing between the Company and the Customer.
2. Unless specifically agreed in Writing these conditions are incorporated into all Contracts for the supply of Goods and any other conditions or terms (except statutory conditions or terms) are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. No rights whatsoever in respect of these Conditions shall attach to any third Party within the meaning of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or of any statutory modification of that Act.
These conditions do not affect the statutory rights of a person dealing as a consumer as defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and/or the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and/or the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1994 and 1999 or by any statutory modifications of any of those Acts or Regulations.
A Contract comes in into being when the Customers order is accepted by the Company or when the Company's quotation is accepted by the Customer.
Acceptance of delivery or collection of the Goods shall be conclusive evidence of the Customers acceptance of these conditions.
3. The Company makes every reasonable effort to ensure that the information contained in any advertising material (including on its website) for which it is responsible is correct at the time of going to press. Such material is intended however only as a guide and does not necessarily represent the goods on offer. In particular, neither the Company nor its suppliers nor its agents can be held legally liable under the Trade Descriptions Act 1968 or under any other legislation for any inaccuracies of definition, colour, description, illustration (whether photographic or otherwise) or pricing and the Company's policy of continuous improvement determines its right to change specifications and/or prices without notice.
4. Whilst the Company will deliver the Goods ordered by the Customer as soon as reasonably practicable, any delivery date quoted by the Company is for the guidance of the Customer only and does not form any part of these conditions. Neither date nor time for delivery shall be of the essence of the Contract. The Company shall not be liable to the Customer in respect of the damage or consequential loss of any nature (whether for loss of profit or otherwise), costs, expenses or other consequential detriment suffered by the Customer in respect of any delay in delivery.
5. Despatch of the Goods will usually take place within one working day of the order subject to the item being in stock. To guarantee next day delivery please phone us to confirm availibility of the item you wish to purchase as during busy times items can sell out very quickly. If possible at the time of delivery the Customer or the Recipient on behalf of the Customer will receive and unload the Goods and check them for quality and condition in the presence of the Company's carrier but if it shall be impossible for any reason or if there shall at the time of delivery be no one available on behalf of the Customer to carry out such procedures the Company shall be entitled at the risk of the Customer to deliver the Goods at the address notified to the Company for Delivery. In every case of a shortage or if any of the Goods are in an unsatisfactory condition the Customer or the Recipient shall endeavor where possible to endorse the carriers delivery document accordingly but whether this has been possible or not must in such event give a separate written statement or email of condition to the Company within 3 working days of the date of delivery (as to which time shall be of the essence of the Contract).
6. All claims for Goods alleged to be defective on delivery must be made in Writing to the Company within 10 calendar days of delivery. When notification is received the Company may require the return of the Goods, or for the Goods to be made available for inspection by the Company and/or its agents. Should the Company be satisfied as to the alleged defects , and then it may at its option either replace the Goods within a reasonable time, or credit the Customer with the Contract price of the Goods.
7. The Contract for the supply of the Goods to the Customer shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall for all purposes be deemed to be the proper law of the Contract, save that for those Goods supplied to Customers in Scotland the Contract shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Scotland and for those Goods supplied to Customers in Eire the Contract shall be interpreted with the laws of Ireland.
8. If the Company is out of stock of any of the products ordered the Company will give the Customer the option to retain the Goods on back order or to accept an alternative or to be refunded for the price paid within 30 days.
9. To enable the Customers order to be accepted, payment in full including any carriage charges must be received by the Company. The Company shall not be required to process the order until payment is made.
10. Goods are covered where applicable by the Manufacturers warranty. If the warranty has to be used for any reason it is validated by a copy of the invoice. The tool can either be taken to a service agent near to the customers address or sent back to the Company and we will sort out the repair. It will be up to the Customer to pay for the postage in sending the machine back to the Company.
11.The Customer may cancel an order for any reason within 16 days starting on the day after the Recipient receives the goods. To do this the Customer will need to notify the Company that the Customer wishes to do this, specifying the order number of the order to be cancelled. If the Customer does this the Company will ask the Customer to pay the carriage costs. Upon receipt of the item(s) subject to them being unused and in their original unspoilt condition and packaging the whole of the Customer's money will be refunded within 30 days of such cancellation.
12.We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address. We may also obtain information using a cookie file which is stored on your computers hard drive. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computers hard drive. They help us to improve our site.
13.The copyright of this website is owned by Power Tool Centre Ltd and may not be copied or reproduced in any way or form, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or otherwise, without express written consent.